Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

PDA!


Ever been out somewhere and glance over only to see people eating each others faces? Kind of gross hey?
Well today I am writing about Public Display of Affection (PDA). Don't get me wrong, i'm not against the occasional peck, a hug, holding hands. I'm talking about the full on butt grabs, butt slaps, make out sessions etc. I know i'm not the only one who feels this way about this topic either. I have talked to a few people who are disturbed by it also. I would have trouble understanding if someone didn't feel very uncomfortable with it.
I have always been quite the hater against PDA, but the thought of writing this piece came to me the other day when I was taking the ETS home. I was just sitting there minding my own business, catching up on some accounting. Then this couple gets on the bus, sitting only a few seats in front of me. Since the topic is about PDA I bet you know where this is going. Like a leech he was just stuck to her kissing her neck and face. It was so disturbing I couldn't help but look. Only a few moments later it was a full on make out session like they hadn't seen each other in years! At that point I probably had that look of disgust all over my face. It makes you feel really awkward..
I swear, I was on that bus for over 20 minutes and their lips didn't leave each others. Breathe!
Man oh man! Chapstick must get real expensive.
I feel like there is a time and a place for you to show your affection to someone, and it shouldn't have to be where there is that many other individuals.
You have to respect other peoples thoughts and beliefs.
So thats my verdict on PDA, it shouldn't exist in strong portions like that.

1 comment: